- Published on Monday, 09 June 2014 02:55
This year, the School of Dentistry will be growing a vegetable garden! Join us each Wednesday and Friday to plant, weed, and harvest vegetables from around the world. Relax during lunch, meet other SoD gardeners, pick some fresh produce, and invite your patients to do the same. No gardening experience necessary.
Ongoing work days will happen on Mondays at 4pm and Wednesdays at - stop by any time!
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2014 17:58
The Princeton Street Block Club in Inkster, MI is looking for students from UM to come out and help plant their garden , the May 31st, at The garden is located in Inkster on Michigan Ave, between John Daly and Hill streets, about a 35 minute drive from campus. This group will also be meeting every Saturday morning (contingent on the weather). This is a great opportunity to become more involved in the communities surrounding U of M!
Contact Leonardo Gambril at 313-561-0590 for more information.
- Published on Monday, 07 April 2014 17:04
Do you want to help the Campus Farm grow? Do you want to win a free "Kale to the Victors" t-shirt? If yes, then please take our survey. Your feedback helps shape future programming!
You can take the survey here: Campus Farm Survey
Hurry -- the opportunity to win a free t-shirt will end at noon on Thursday (April 10)!
- Published on Thursday, 20 March 2014 19:23
What did student leadership in sustainable food look like on campus in 2013?
- 1,900+ volunteer hours logged at the Campus Farm
- 5,000+ lbs of food recovered from 2 dining halls
- 38 class projects completed
- 3 on-campus gardens tended (with others in the works)
- Fresh, affordable produce sold on campus each and every week
- 10 UMSFP student member groups and a student Leadership Team creating on-the-ground and in-the-dirt change through education, community building, and food production
- Published on Sunday, 16 March 2014 21:31
It's time to choose the colleagues who will carry forward the work of UMSFP for the next school year! Please read through each candidate's profile, then click here to cast your vote by the end of the day on Friday, March 21 (ballots close at 11:59pm).
Voting Details: Only current UM students may vote; please only vote one time. Once the votes are in, the top undergrad and graduate student for each position will be selected (if applicable). In order to ensure a good diversity of students, the new 8-member Leadership Team will have at least 3 undergrad and 3 graduate students. Thanks for helping us choose the leadership that will carry the UMSFP forward!
Your 2014-2014 Leadership Team candidates are...